Valley Of Flowers – MESMERIZING MEMORIES My experience
1. Arrival at haridwar: we were scheduled for pick up at haridwar at 7.30am and my train scheduled arrival time was 4.30am but as most of indian railway trains seeing past history it was showing that the train was regularly late at haridwar and reached around 8 or even later. i was anxious that if i will be late then either i will be left alone or my group will be delayed because of me. i even clarified this problem with TTH team and they very amicably consoled me that whatever happens i will not be left alone but still being my first trek i was ovet conscious and friends you won’t believe that before boarding train i emailed Respected Railway minister Shri Suresh Prabhu about my problem and requested him to kindly look into the matter so that i can reach on time. Friends my mail was answered and the train DOON EXPRESS was late in between but dot on time at haridwar.
2. Meeting the group was a remarkable experience as First we have to break the ice and then further. our group members were of diverse backgrounds and locations and it was a totally awesome experience.
3.Transfers to joshimath were in a good SUV bolero n tata sumo with pen drive aux facility so that we could listen to our favorite songs on the way, karnprayag, rudraprayag, devprayag meeting point of rivers and formation of mighty ganga ji ruver were beautiful. i say ganga ji because in our culture ganges is considered as mother hence the name Maa Ganga.
4. Himalayan abode joshimath hotel was very very scenic and nice cozy place to stay. the food however was ok and could be improved better but the people(tauji) there were very courteous and served everything on time as per our schedule. all in all a very good start to a great journey. and yes the room was simply superb.
5. GOVINDghat has one of the most beautiful, silent and religiously acclaimed Gurudwara where my teammates spent lot of time gaining knowledge. i would also like to introduce three special people (foreigners) who were a a part of our group and were utmost curious to know each and everything about India. from here it was 19 kms full day trekking upto ghangharia which was very nuce with good pathway and shops in between for refreshments.
6.Ghangharia was base point from where one excursion to Valley of flowers and other day to Shri Hemkund Saheb.
the place was small and ok with very less mobile network. so now three days away from Android technology just i, me, myself and my teammates.
7.valley of flowers VOF is to be enjoyed from early morning 7am to 2pm as after that weather goes a bit uncertain and fog comes. the trek to VOF is awesome with lots of scenic points in between and is to be enjoyed slowly. the place VOF cannot be expressed in words but can only be felt personally. i am attaching pics but its just a glimpse and is a must visit in lifetime.
8.next day Shri Hemkund Saheb. was uphill task of 13 kms each side some of us took mules some went by self trekking n enjoying. the place is heaven, the highest Gurudwara on earth by altitude and opening closing services by indian army. Best place to feel yourself. the khichdi prasad and hot tea seva is simply superb and must have. also there is an allopathic dispensary if anyone feels problem then free service by Gurudwara doctors. Not to mention the holy dip in ice cold water clears all, yes all.
9. now next day return to GOVINDghat trek is filled with cherished memories and in the meantime the group also gets gelled abd easy like we know each other from long time.
10. From GOVINDghat to Shri BADRINATH TEMPLE and a holy dip in tapt kund warm holy water near temple. refreshed us. as it was not very crowded so we got ample time for Darshan, even twice and saw the much religious idol very clearly and from near also.
11. back to joshimath hotel for night stay, totally mesmerized and tired also but still i was unable to sleep as i sat in room balcony seeing the mighty mountains and feeling the environment there as it makes u forget the hustle n bustle of city life.
12. next day back transfer to haridwar by bolero/sumo, songs of playlist and lots of chitchat.
13. a trip that will be with me for my lifetime and gave me lovely friends and beautiful experiences to cross my limits and do that which dares you.
14. Very very nice support staff n friendly team of TTH throughout from the date of booking to last drop at haridwar.
Truly the trip was value for money and rejuvenation for soul.
friends if possible try it once coz ZINDAGI NAA MILEGI DOBARA aur ye
Yaadein mithai ke dibbe ki tarah hoti hai … ek baar khula toh sirf ek tukda nahi kha paoge.
i would sound a bit filmy but being a Bollywood fan i remember ::
Bunny(Ranbir Kapoor) : “Kahin pe pahunchne ke liye kahin se nikalna bohot zaruri hota hai”.
Bunny(Ranbir Kapoor) : ” Mai udna chaahata hu, girna chaahata hu, fir uth ke doudna chaahata hu”.
God Bless you all enjoy n have lots of fun.