Valley of flowers trek COVID 19 safety guidelines
The long wait
is finally over. We are psyched to announce that the most beloved trek Valley of Flowers will be starting from 15th August. Celebration of freedom literally!
We are delighted to inform that Uttarakhand government and all the officials
have given a green signal for trekkers to enter the Valley. In the excitement,
we must not forget that Corona is still there and we are not safe. Therefore,
we all must keep ourselves protected to keep our mountains and locals
corona free. We have listed a few important things that must be obeyed by
First things first,
A negative COVID19 report is a must
“An asymptomatic person who has undergone RT-PCR test from ICMR authorised lab not earlier than 72 hours from the time of arrival, reflecting COVID 19 negative report only shall be exempted from being quarantined and allowed to go for the trek”
Make sure you take special care of yourselves two weeks before your departure date for the trek so that your test comes negative. COVID19 test must be taken 2 days before you leave if it’s positive you won’t be allowed to enter Dehradun.
Getting an entry pass for Dehradun
Once you have the negative report you will get e-pass to go beyond Dehradun. To get the pass you will upload your medical details and COVID19 report on the following website:
One copy of the e-pass must be forwarded to us (your trek coordinator) and one must be with you. The district authorities will ensure proper verification of medical reports even at the check post at the entry point, so make sure you all carry the e-pass and necessary medical reports.
After you have set foot in Dehradun we shall greet you with our precautions throughout the trek.
Our Guidelines to keep treks safe from Corona
It is now our responsibility to get back the routine of trekking while keeping ourselves safe. We expect full coordination from you all to make trekking Corona-proof. We have decided our guidelines and we promise to follow them. We shall also keep them modifying as per the future dynamics.
Things to carry for trekkers
- Trekkers should be carrying e-pass, medical certificate + COVID19 Test Report when they come for the trek.
- Trekkers must carry sufficient amount of sanitizer, masks, gloves, and a personal medical kit for the respective days of the trek.
- Trekkers must also carry their separate set of disposable/washable utensils like spoon, plates or cups. This must be used by trekkers during their journey to and fro the base camp.
- Apart from the above, trekkers must make sure they carry all the Trek Essentials. Remember no sharing will be allowed. Trekkers will be responsible for disposable of their own items.
Medical Condition of our Staff
- We shall make sure that every person of our team you interact with is Medically checked and healthy.
- All our staff including porters and local guides will undergo thorough training and screening for the treks.
Examination at the Pickup Point
Every trekker’s temperature and symptoms will be examined by our attendant.The medical certificate will be checked there itself with social distancing. Sanitization of every trekker and their belongings will be done.Our Pickup vehicles for trekkers will be with half seating.There shall be plastic separators between seats in the transport vehicle for more safety.
Precautions from Pickup point to the Base Village
Restaurant or Dhabas will be properly sanitized by the restaurant owner.No gathering of trekkers in the restaurant will be allowed.The table will have 2 chairs.The good quality sanitizer will be provided.Food will be served in Use and Throw Utensils.Trekkers should make sure they dispose of their utensils after they finish their food.
Precautions at the Base Camp
- On arriving at the base camp trekkers and their belongings will be sanitized again.
- Accommodation: Single bedroom sharing with separate beds will be provided
Precautions while trekking and until the drop point
- We shall do proper sanitization of all the equipment after every batch.
- We will also provide training to the locals and our team about the necessary measures to be taken.
- Kitchen staff will take care of the hygiene in Kitchen.
- Toilets and guestrooms will be sanitized daily.
- Trek leader will provide immunity-boosting exercises.
- The whole batch will be walking 1-2 meters distance between themselves.
- During steep and slippery sections our local guide shall assist by keeping a safe distance.
- Campsite games will be played with Social Distancing.
- There will not be a common garbage bin at the guest house. Trekkers must be responsible for their waste disposal.
- Hotel, rooms, utensils, vehicles will be sanitized regularly.
- The same system followed during pickup will be followed for drop-down.
- Once the trek is over the trekkers shall follow the measures taken earlier until they safely reach their homes.
Immediate Response in case of symptoms
With all the thorough safety rules above, there will be no chance of Corona penetrating. However, we all must be prepared for the unexpected.
- During any time if anybody shows Corona symptoms they shall be immediately transported to the nearest Hospitals following all the Social Distancing norms.
- We shall make sure that the entire batch gets tested for Corona before they leave.
- It is trekker’s responsibility to inform us about any discomfort or signs of Corona.
- We might stop renting of equipment based on the number of requests for the rental.
- The number of trekkers in a batch may be reduced.
- Any trekker failing to abide any of the safety rules will not be allowed to continue.
- Trekkers should follow hygiene while the travel to-from the pickup point.
Trekking with COVID19
Living with Corona is the new normal. We must learn to take care of ourselves. It is our responsibility to keep ourselves and our Nation safe from Corona. While doing that we must follow our dreams too.
Our first batch of Valley of Flowers trek starts from 14th August 2020. To register for the trek click here: https://www.trekthehimalayas.com/valley-of-flowers-trek/
Feel free to contact us for any queries. We are together in this. See you soon in the mountains!
Notes: Please keep in mind that we shall change our policies and procedures based on Government regulations in future. As you know, there can be last-minute announcements and we will have to follow them. However, we shall try to abide by the Government rules keeping in mind the welfare of our trekkers.